Essay topics: Do you agree that the advantages cars bring outweigh the disadvantages?
In recent times, car using has been in the limelight and has aroused wide concern. While this cars is detrimental to some extent. I am of the fervent conviction that the benefits are more significant.
On the negative side, car emissions have a serious impact on air. Carbon dioxide stemming from the automobile makes a great contribution to cause greenhouse effect, which rises global temperatures. To take a concrete example, car emissions is a main reason of air pollution in Beijing, China. Moreover, cars not only cause greenhouse effect but also create traffic jams. Nowadays, it is obvious that the number of people using care increases significantly, which has a serious impact on traffic jams especially in urban areas. As a result, a percentage of people assume that cars bring many drawbacks.
Although the pitfalls seem compelling. I am fierce in the assertion that the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. Firstly, cars have given people freedom of movement. The ease of transportation which a car brings is more than any means of public transportation. For instance, you can go from one place to another without any waiting time for the bus or train. Therefore, time and distance are no longer a barrier. Secondly, automobiles enhance quality of terms of service contributing to boost economic development. Indeed, cars play a vital role in transporting people and goods in the service industry such as a restaurant service, tourism or entertainment.
In conclusion, while acknowledging air pollution and traffic congestion, the benefits that could be gained surpass the shortcomings.
- Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school.Discuss both views and give your opinion (61)
- Many countries use fossil fuels such as coal or oil as the main sources of energy. However, in some countries the use of alternative sources of energy is encouraged. Do you think this is a positive or negative development ? (61)
- Whether or not someone achieves their aims is mostly by a question of luck. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (84)
- The best way for a country to prepare for the future is to invest more resources in its young people.How true do you think of it? What is the best way to invest resources? (91.33329999999999)
- Some people think that dangerous sports should be banned. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement. Give the reason and relevant examples (79)
- Some people believe the range of technology available to individuals today is increasing the gap between poor people and rich people. Others think it is having an opposite effect. Discuss these points of view. What is your opinion? (46.5)
- Some people believe the range of technology available to individuals today is increasing the gap between poor people and rich people. Others think it is having an opposite effect. Discuss these points of view. What is your opinion? (73)
- The tendency of news reports in the media to focus more on problems and emergencies than on positive developments is harm to the individuals and the society as a whole. To what extent do you agree or disagree (81.33329999999999)
- Some people argue that it is better to be unemployed than to be employed in jobs they do not enjoy.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (84)
- Some people say that the government should not put money on building theatres and sports stadiums. Others argue that they should spend more money on medical care and education. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (10.5)