Essay topics: 23.09.2017
Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.
Do you agree or disagree?
Many aver that only leisure activities that are educational in their nature are useful for progeny and thus spare time should be devoted to them. I do not agree with the prospect and below the reasons on which my stance is based will be discussed in details.
On the one hand, spending kids’ leisure time on educational activities brings a lot of fruits. Firstly, there are formative years from two to twelve when children’s brains and personalities are being shaped and studying, unearthing knowledge has advantageous impact on the development. Thus, the more they study via different activities the better. Secondly, the volume of information that must be absorbed by young individuals is immense and exploiting free time for learning the data as much as possible would allow them to achieve better academic at school and even college. In other words, implementation of the policy will have a great beneficial effect on kids school performance and overall development.
On the other hand, performing such leisure activities as chatting with pals, playing video games, watching popular movies and cartoons are important for children as well. Primarily, early age is very momentous period in life of any human bring during which not only brain structures are being developed but crucial social skills are being formed and mores of society are accepted. All of that should be acquired through interacting with other kids, adults and the environment. Additionally, a child is not an automaton that may endlessly perform an activity. In fact, offspring need have enough rest from studying and psychologists decisively demonstrated that entertainment such as playing computer or board games allow children to switch their attention on new activity and restore their ability to absorb new data. Thus, leisure activities that are not educational are useful as well.
To sum up, a point of view that descendants’ spare-time activities have to educate children and non-educational practices are useless appears to be incorrect due to benefits got by youngsters via performing the former ones.
- 11/10/2017Many people prefer to watch foreign films rather than locally produced films. Why could this be?Should governments give more financial support to local film industries? (61.3333)
- 11/10/2017You are going on a short holiday soon and would like to invite a friend to join you. Write a letter to him/her and say– Explain why you need a holiday.– Explain why you want your friend to come.– Where and when do you want to go? (89.5)
- 10/10/2017You recently saw an advertisement about helpers for children summer holiday camp. Write a letter to camp organizers and say:– Describe the areas where you can help.– Give the time period you are available.– Ask some questions about the cam (80.5)
- 09/10/2017Some people say that computer games are bad for children by all means; others believe that these games are contributing to children’s development.Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (63)
- 09.10.2017You have bought a new laptop computer and in a few days of purchase discovered a major flaw.Write a letter to the company.In your letter,Introduce your self.explain the situation.say what action you would like to company to take. (73.5)
- 08/10/2017You have just moved into a new home and are planning to hold a party. You are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour.Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter.1. Introduce yourself2. Describe your plans for the party3. invite y (89)
- 07/10/2017Some people think that the detailed criminal description on newspaper and TV has bad influences, so this kind of information should be restricted on the media. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (82)
- 07.10.2017You have just moved into a new home and are planning to hold a party. You are worried that the noise may disturb your neighbour.Write a letter to your neighbour. In your letter.1.Introduce yourself2. Describe your plans for the party3. invite yo (71.5)
- 07.10.2017There have been some problems with public transportation in your area recently.Write a letter to the management of the public transport company. In your letter-describe the problems-explain how these problems are affecting the public-suggest som (82)
- 06/10/2017People succeed because of their hard work, but some say it is something else that is significant for success.How far do you agree with this statement?Give some reasons from your personal knowledge or experience to support your stance? (77)