Essay topics: Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays most big cities have high congestion and road traffic issues. What are the real causes for this? Suggest a solution that will help to relieve it.
Traffic congestion is one of the most serious problems in big cities and it has made people’s lives more difficult. Thirty years ago, there were fewer cars on the street and people did not suffer from traffic. Today, however, streets are full of cars, buses and trucks. This essay will analyse the most important causes of traffic congestion and will explain the effects of it.
Several factors have contributed to the problem of traffic in big cities. The most significant factor is the high number of cars. Today, companies manufacture a large number of cars and it is pretty easy for people to have one. Furthermore, many families own two or three cars which result in the increase of traffic congestion. Another contributing factor is the lack of public transports. For example, there are less frequency of public transport in my hometown, Borsad and whatever another private transport is available that is inconvenient and inefficient. Therefore, people use their own cars even in rush hours. The last cause is road system. Most of the streets in my city are narrow and few cars can pass through them simultaneously.
The problem of traffic has several effects on people and city. The most significant effect is increased anger and frustration. Every day, people experience a delay in reaching their workplaces or universities. This leads to high tension and stress among them. Another feasible effect worth mentioning here is the environmental effect. The quality of air declines because of the exhaust fumes generated by cars which may result in severe health problems such as asthma, bronchitis and heart attacks. The waste of time on average is huge and this is another major drawback the bad traffic is causing.
Government can take various steps to avoid this situation. First of all, Government should provide efficient, frequent and comfortable public transport to all citizens so they can encourage to use public transport than private cars. Another solution is that we can motivate people to use the concept of car pooling with neighbours and colleagues if they are traveling from and to same location by this way, we can reduce the number of cars in road.
To put in a nutshell, traffic is mainly caused by overpopulation and people’s reliance on their own cars. If governments provide more facilities and encourage people to use public transport, I am sure that the level of traffic will decline in the near future.
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)Many jobs at around the house are done manually, but could have been done by machines instead. What are the advantages or disadvantages of this? Give your opinion and include relevant examples (91)
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)Some people say that not all criminals should be sent to prison. Instead they should do unpaid work to help people in the community. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and relevant examples. (61)
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)In some countries people tend to buy used things over new things. What do you think the reasons are? Is it a positive or negative trend? (89)
- Writing Task 1 (a letter)Write a letter to your neighbor to say goodbye, as you decided to leave the area and move to a new home. In your letter say– Explain why you are moving.– What will you miss the most?– Invite him/her to your new home. (73)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)You need to attend a family event. Your child will be missing school for a day. Write a letter to the school principal and say– What is the event?– Why is it important for your child to be there?– How will your child make up (61)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)You live in a rental accommodation. Due to a recent bad weather event there was a small amount of damage to your apartment. Write a letter to your landlord and say– What was damaged and why?– How is this damage causing you a p (78)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)You’re moving out of your rental apartment. Write a letter to your neighbour to say goodbye. In your letter say– When and where do you move?– Why do you move out?– How do you feel about it? (73)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)Write a letter to an airline manager to find out about something you forgot on the plane during your travel. In your letter– give details about your flight– describe the item you forgot– explain why it is important that you (78)
- Writing task 2 (an essay)Many people make friends through social sites and chat rooms. Others believe that it is not a good idea to make friends without meeting them face to face. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion and rel (73)
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)Many people believe sport lessons are important in school timetable. Both boys and girls should take part in sports. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give your opinion and include relevant examples from your own experi (73)