Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A teacher's ability to relate well with students is more important than excellent knowledge of the subject being taught. Use specific reasons and support your answers with examples

It is an undeniable fact that a teacher plays very crucial role in a child’s development as he/she learns most of the information from a teacher. Teachers do the most tough job as delivering knowledge to someone else is not an easily task. From my vintage point a teacher’s ability to relate well with students is more important that excellent knowledge for the following significant reasons.

The first exquisite point to be mentioned is that teaching is a kind of art and not everyone has this skill. Indeed, there are several people in the world, who have wide range knowledge about different subjects; however, they do not have an ability to explain the information in such a way that other people can understand the concept. Specially, when it comes to students it is a very essential for a teacher to know how to get along easily in order to make the study, efficient and fun. The art of delivering information to students is vital for a teacher to get maximum output of the lecture. A professor should be flexible with the time frame, as sometime poor students do not get the concept or ideas, at that time a professor has to adopt other strategies to be understood by students. Thus, teaching is a kind of artistic work.

Another point that deserve some words is that a teacher’s ability is immense to make subject interesting for students. Apparently, study is a tedious task, hence students become bored with the same old study techniques. It’s necessary for teachers to come up with different methods to encourage students to do study. For instance, my biology professor used several approaches in the classroom in order to get student’s attention such as charts, tables, live presentation of animals, power point presentation etc. Even though, it was very hard for him to prepare himself for different tasks, he stayed optimistic and motivates. With the help of teaching skills, a teacher forces students to dig in to a study subject to understand the concepts thoroughly. Additionally, highly educated professors have a great pool of knowledge and experience but they do not have communication skills.

Finally, the relationship between a teacher and students would strengthen if a teacher knows how to deal with different kinds of students. Certainly, some students have poor understanding of the material, then a professor has to stay calm and patient. If he will give it up, then students won’t learn from him. Additionally, when a teacher is friendly in nature, pupils ask question to him/her without any hesitation. Hence, students always remember this kind of tutors.

To wrap up, an ability of teachers to get along with learners is very important in order to deliver productive lectures, to make subject fun and to build relationship with pupils.