Home >> Independent Toefl Writing Essays

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities.

Ekhlass1980's picture

The media plays a pivotal role in our life. In order to learn about news and current occurrences, we should read in a magazine, newspapers or watch television. It also has a significant effect on the celebrities since we know about their advancement, and their new things that they do by the media. Some people would agree that the media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people. Others would disagree. In my view, the media has affected their life for two imperative reasons.

To begin with, the media widely invades the life of famous people. Most of presses collect a lot of information that is related to their personal experiences such as their stories, how they talk, what is their realtionship, and even where they spend their leisure time. For example, three years ago, one of famous singer had a love story with a woman from public, and one of a magazine published this story. In fact, the singer was surprised about his news since this was a secret and our culture don't accept this kind of relationships, as a result the life of the woman was destroyed and the singer was disappointed and frustrated about that, so he stayed a lone and he even traveled to another country. if they didn't declare this relationship which is personal for him, he didn't has this bad results. This experience taught me that the madia definitely has affected the personal lives of celebrities.

Second, the media has impacted the life of youngsters today. As we know, the media published a lot of information of celebrities and youngsters are affected badly of this news because they imitate their favorite celebrities. For instance, my sister loves an actor so she behave, and talk like that actor. One day, she has heard from television that the actor is smoking as a result she started smoking also. Consequently, this habit had affected her personalty and she began to wear a crazy clothes like the actor. Actually, she paid a lot of attention to that actor and this affected her study negatively. if the media didn't pay attention of the personal things of celebrities, my sister wouldn't have started smoking. As we can clearly see, the media provides us the things that are unnecessary to us.

By the way of conclusion, based on the argument explored above, I firmly concur that the media pay attention of personal celebrities which is not good for them. I think their life should be secret and we have to respect that.

Your rating: None Average: 7 (1 vote)