Essay topics: Do you agree or disagree the following statement?
One quality that a successful leader must have is to make decision quickly; when a leader takes too much time to make decisions, he will be seen as ineffective to the people he lead.
Nowadays the information is updating rapidly. Leaders have to grasp the key point from the overwhelming information. Some people believe that a successful leader should take his or her time to make the right decision, some people contend that a successful leader should make decision quickly. As for me, I agree that a successful leader must decide quickly, since a successful leader should be able to adept to the fast changing world, to make modification of the decision when the situation goes wrong, and to encourage different background of people to bring up their idea.
The world varies and changes in a amazing speed, and a successful leader have to adept to the changes in order to lead the groups. Making decision quickly can help the leader to do that. For example, when a leader leads a startup, he or she has to deal with different kinds of customers and sponsors. In order to get the deals and funds, he or she has to decide which customer or sponsor should contact first. Otherwise, the chance loses, and the potential investors will find another startups.
Besides, the decision which is made before might not accustom to the current situation, and a successful leader should adjust the decision. There will be more time for a leader to revise his or her idea if the leader make decision quickly. Take a marketing team as example. A marketing team may face with a customer like to change his idea without informing the marketing team. The team leader have to judge the situation and guess what decision may suit the customer’s final choice. If the team leader makes the bad judgement, he still get time to fix that since he make the decision early.
Moreover, a successful leader should be able to encourage his or her team members pop up different ideas, and make decision quickly can make sure that the new ideas are continue pop up. For instance, if the team has to build up a website, and the leader make quick judgement about the layer, then the backend engineers can test out their idea by using the build-up layout and come up with robust back end connection.
In conclusion, a successful leader should be able to adept changing world, make modification while decision goes wrong, and encourage team member to pop up different ideas. Making decision quickly will help the leader become successful. Therefore, I agree that a successful leader must decide quickly.
- Do you agree or disagree the following statement?One quality that a successful leader must have is to make decision quickly; when a leader takes too much time to make decisions, he will be seen as ineffective to the people he lead. (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (60)
- Question-------Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they challenge the specific theories presented in the reading passage.Reading Passage--------------Animal fossils usually provide very little opportunity to study the actua (70)
- The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing."During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than (50)
- Educational institutions should dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and su (40)
- Two years ago, radio station WCQP in Rockville decided to increase the number of call-in advice programs that it broadcast; since that time, its share of the radio audience in the Rockville listening area has increased significantly. Given WCQP's recent s (70)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any (30)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the pastUse specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (70)
- Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on specific points made in the reading passage.Reading Passage--------------A fossil skeleton of a dinosaur called Sinosauropteryx, preserved in volcanic ash, was discover (60)