TPO 9 – task 2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Technology has made the children less creative than they were in the past.

TPO 9 – task 2: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Technology has made the children less creative than they were in the past.

We live in the era of technology. That the technology revolutionized our life is an undeniable fact. People do their daily-tasks entirely different in comparison to how they used to do in the past. There are two distinct schools of thought: Some people agree that technology made the children less creative than they were in the past, others disagree. In my perspective, I am against the statement and here are my justifications.

To begin with, with the advent of computers and the internet, children have more access to various sources of information. The computers with its fast-lightening pace have brought the statement of “Everything at your finger tips” into reality. Since a variety of information is available for children, they can come up with new and innovative ideas. A vivid example can be given to shed light on what was alluded above; my nephew is 10 years old and he fully knows how to use a computer. In one of his school assignments, the students were asked to build the highest possible structure using only papers and pins. He searched on the internet, watched several related videos on YouTube, and contacted students at other students using social networks; finally, he managed to combine some of the ideas in the movies and build a very high structure. Both his teachers and I were astonished by his creative idea. Hence, technology can assist the children to be more creative.

Beside the above-mentioned reason, video games, nowadays, aid the children to develop their skills and be more creative significantly. If one look at Apple Store, one can find various categories for kids offering countless games and apps, which are designed with particular goals. Some games involve using our memory and visual skills, doing argumentative reasoning, and identifying logical processes, which enhances the cognitive growth of children. Moreover, some games offer an environment in which the children can compete with other children around the world. In these games, children can enhance their social skills, share their ideas, and increase their knowledge. All these activities aid the children to be more innovative in their life. Furthermore, numerous television programs can teach the same skills to the children and facilitate the development process of children.

All in all, although many sophisticated people may prove the otherwise, I reiterate that technology can be very beneficial to children and help them to be more creative as I elaborately discussed in the body paragraphs.