Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they cast doubt on the specific points made in the reading passage.

In this set of material the topic of whether savaging forests will be beneficial for making forests healthier is discussed. The lecture relates to the text by adding information about malign effects of salvaging for the forests.

In the lecture, the professor mentioned long term effects of removing dead trees. He explained that although removing trees open the space for growing fresh trees, their existence is extremely vital for retrieving the soil; in other word, decomposing dead trees compensate lack of nutritious for the next generation of trees. This is in contrast with what is written in the text which suggests that dead trees just occupy space for growing new trees.

Moreover, the professor give the example of birds and other animal’s requirement for describing that dead trees as habitat for insects not only is not destructive for forest, but its existence is extremely imperative for birds and other animals inhabitants; however, this idea is opposite with what reading part states on which large number of insects resorted in dead trees is harmful for forests.

Finally, the narrator also claims that salvaging even does not take profitable for economy into account since jobs provided by salvaging is limited, small, and temporary. He mentioned that for forests which severely damaging, expensive helicopter needs for removing dead trees. This proves this fact that salvaging according to what is written in text isn’t beneficial for neither forests, nor economy.

Sentence: He mentioned that for forests which severely damaging, expensive helicopter needs for removing dead trees.
Description: The fragment which severely damaging is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace severely with adjective

since jobs provided by salvaging is limited,
since jobs provided by salvaging are limited,

for insects not only is not destructive for forest, but its existence is...
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly.

The correct pattern:

para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster