TOEFL Sample essay integrated essay from TPO 11

The reading passage states that today especially young people reading less literature and this move has resulted in a loss of intellectual stimulation. The reading explains three effects of this trend. However, the professor refutes each of the author’s point by providing strong arguments.
First, the professor claims that science, history, and political analysis books are the different kinds of literature considering high- quality material to increase the imagination and creativity of the readers. This is just opposite to the reading passage which states that reading public is missing out of important benefits of reading literature.
Second, the professor posits that it is true that public spending less time for reading books. But today, forms of literature have changed. Public spending more time to listen to music and watching movies and all are excellent forms of literature. Music and movies express the views more precisely and efficiently than novels and poems do. Hence, the culture of literature has not gone down. On the other hand, the reading says that public is not reading challenging literature.
Finally, the professor says that it is true to say that there is less support for literature today, but do not blame so quickly as it not readers but the author’s fault. Today’s literature is sometimes difficult to understand, so they lack an audience. It cannot be said that past people would have read today’s literature either. But the reading claims that because of poor levels of today’s readers, the writing and reading of literature has been declined.

it is true that public spending less time for reading books.
it is true that public is spending less time for reading books.

as it not readers but the author’s fault.
as it is not readers but the author’s fault.