TPO 32 – Integrated

Essay topics

In the set of material, both the reading and the professor discuss the theories that caused the odd sound. The reading states that, starting in the 1960s and continuing until the 1980s , sailors in Russion submarines patrolling the North Alantic and Arctic Ocean would occasionally hear strange sounds. And it provides three theories. Conversely the professor says that, quakers are very strange phenomenon and till days there is no sure what are the causes of the sounds. And he refutes each theory.

First of all , the reading states that, the first theory suggests that the strange noises were actually the calls of male and female ocra whales during a courtship ritual. But the professor says that, even the idea seems closable at first but it's highly unlikley. Ocra whales were living near the surface and the submarine Russion patrolling were in deep of the ocean, so they were unable to hear the sounds near the surface. Furthermore they can detect the sound by using their sonar.

Second, the reading says that,the sound were caused by glant squid. However the professor says that, squid theory is well, but sound had heard by Russion in 1960 and reports were continue for two decades. But sound had disapear in 1980. Moreover the squid is living with Russion submarine patrolling till now. So no reasons that made the sounds appeard in 1960 and then stopped in 1980.

last, the reading claims that, a third theory suggests that, the Russion submarines were picking up stray sounds from some military technology. But the professor says that, another is not hold up. Sounds were moving around, and change very quickly. And today there is no technology which builds submarine that fast.

there is no sure
it is not sure

squid theory is well, but sound had heard by Russion in 1960 and reports were continue for two decades
squid theory is good , but the sound had heard by Russion in 1960 and reports were continuing for two decades

But sound had disapear in 1980
But sound disappeared in 1980

which builds submarine that fast.
which builds submarines that fast.

Sentence: But the professor says that, even the idea seems closable at first but it's highly unlikley.
Error: closable Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: unlikley Suggestion: unlikely

Sentence: Second, the reading says that,the sound were caused by glant squid.
Error: glant Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: But sound had disapear in 1980.
Error: disapear Suggestion: disappear

Sentence: So no reasons that made the sounds appeard in 1960 and then stopped in 1980.
Error: appeard Suggestion: appeared