TPO 33, integrated

Essay topics

In the set of material, both the reading and the professor talk about carved stone balls, which are a curious type of artifact found at a number of locations in Scotland. The reading says that archaeologists do not agree about their purpuse and meaning, but there are several theories. Conversely the professor says that, non of the three theories that provided by the reading are convencing.

First, the reading claims that, one theory is that the carved stone balls were weapons used in hunting or fighting. But the professor says that, if the carved stone balls were used as weapons they will show signs of using, like broken off some parts and cracks or at least a little wear. But ther are no signs of weariness.

Second, the reading says that, a second theory is that the carved stone balls were used as part of a primitive system of weights and measures. However the professor says that, the carved stone balls even they are uniform in size, but they different in masses. Different type of stones have different densities, some heavier than others. They wouldn't have been used in system of weights and measures.

Third , the reading states that, a third theory is that the carved stone balls served a social purpose as apposed to a practical or utilitarian one. But the professor says that, there are no social markers with such carved stone balls. For example when the Britian person died, there were no carved stones. Unlikely that marked status within the community.

the carved stone balls even they are uniform in size, but they different in masses.
the carved stone balls are even with uniformed size, but they are different in masses. ???

Unlikely that marked status within the community.
Description: what is the verb for this sentence? can you re-write this sentence?

Sentence: The reading says that archaeologists do not agree about their purpuse and meaning, but there are several theories.
Error: purpuse Suggestion: purpose

Sentence: Conversely the professor says that, non of the three theories that provided by the reading are convencing.
Error: convencing Suggestion: convening

Sentence: But ther are no signs of weariness.
Error: ther Suggestion: No alternate word