TPO 4 (integrated)

TPO 4 (integrated)

Essay topics in audio

In this set of materials, the reading passage and the lecture both discussed dinosaurs and the term "endotherm". The reading passage firmly stated that dinosaurs were, in fact, endotherms; because they could keep the temperature of their body constant. However, the lecture repudiated what stated in the reading passage resting upon fallacious premises and provide three counterclaims proofing that dinosaurs were not endotherms.

Firstly, the article claimed that finding fossils of dinosaurs in polar regions is an evidence that leads to concluding they were endotherms. The lecture contradicted this point by acknowledging that the temperature of polar regions on that time were warmer than today, warm enough for reptiles like dinosaurs to live in. The lecture also pointed out that there are some testimonies, which proved dinosaurs' migration or hibernation during cold months of polar regions.

Secondly, the reading passage argued that the placement of dinosaurs' legs under their bodies is an evidence that proves they are not like other reptiles; as a result, they were able to run; therefore, they were not endotherms. Notwithstanding the professor highlighted that in order to support dinosaurs' huge weight, their legs were placed under their body and it does not have any relation to physical activity, like running.

Lastly, although reading passage contended that having Haversian canals in dinosaurs' bone structure could be used as a support for dinosaurs endothermity. This seemed to be incorrect as explained in the lecture. The speaker stated that although it is true that dinosaurs had Haversian canals in their bone structures; they had some growth rings, which indicated periods of time when they stopped growing or having slow growth. He articulated that these growth rings clearly showed that dinosaurs' growth depended on their environments' temperature.

the lecture repudiated what stated in the reading passage resting upon fallacious premises and provide three counterclaims
the lecture repudiated what stated in the reading passage resting upon fallacious premises and provides three counterclaims