What is the benefit of Globalization.

FERIDE08's picture

This set of materials deal with the subject of "Globalization" advantages and disadvantages. The reading presents the benefits of Globalization, while the lecturer strongly counters the opposite idea.

First and foremost, the reading states that globalization allows developing nations to increase their economical status and gives the example that Southeast Asia that citizens live more comfortably. On the other hand, the lecturer doesn't like this idea because countries like USA started to close their factories in their countries and have decided to open in other countries like Mexico. It means that there is no enough job for the united states' citizen.

Secondly, the reading supports that trade creates competition and it forces the producers of goods to keep their goods' quality as high as or higher than that of their competitors. However, the lecturer says that competitions are good but it can make so many problems. For instance, a big economical crisis was happened at United States in 2008. Although, it happened at United states, so many Europe countries affected this financial crisis.

Lastly, the reading claims that globalization puts pressure on governments to make safer and healthier choices because there is so many business partners from different countries and it make this happen. Unlike the reading's claims, the lecturer doesn't think that there is a fair, healthy production. In contrast, companies make less healthier choices for diminishing the cost and selling more goods to overseas countries.