Fashion Model

Listening audio
Listening level
Intermediate

Task 2: Fashion Model

1. Choose the best answer (a, b or c) to complete each of the following statements.
(1) Denise Harper is ___________.

a. a model b. a model agent c. an announcer
(2) Margaret Connor started her career of a model ___________. a. five years ago b. nineteen years ago c. fifteen years ago
(3) As described by Margaret, a model doesn't have ____________. a. colourful life b. a fixed job with regular working hours c. a life with variety.
(4) A model has to take with her some spare shoes, make-up, spare tights, etc. in a bag because ___________. a. she doesn't have any more personal belongings b. she is afraid they may be stolen c. she is often called to start working at a moment's notice
(5) Margaret likes being a model because ______________. a. of the handsome pay b. she is a freelance c. of the variety and excitement of not knowing what's going to happen the next day

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
Jeffery Ingrams knows very little about fashion models.
(2)
The average model doesn't earn as much as a top secretary.
(3)
Margaret became a model just from school.
(4)
Clients can refer to index card kept in their files to find the model they need.
(5)
A model should know how to sell herself.
(6)
Making TV commercials is not as interesting as photographic work.

3. State the activities of the following people and agencies based on what you hear on the tape.
(1) Denise Harper:

(2) the Metropolitan Academy of Modelling:

(3) the girls at the Academy (mentioned above):

4. Supply the following information about Margaret.
Sex:
Age:
Height:
Length of the hair:
Colour of the hair:
Colour of the eyes:
General impression of the appearance: rather
than average girls

Listening answers

Task 2: Fashion Model

(1) Denise Harper is ___________.

2. True or False Questions.
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)

(1) Denise Harper:

Sex:
Age:
Height:
Length of the hair:
Colour of the hair:
Colour of the eyes:
than average girls