ANY RECENT INVENTION THAT YOU THINK PROVED BENEFICIAL OR DETRIMENTAL TO SOCIETY Preparing for PTE

ANY RECENT INVENTION THAT YOU THINK PROVED BENEFICIAL OR DETRIMENTAL TO SOCIETY - Preparing for PTE

We are living in the 21st century where the world is moving forward at lighting speed. Each day there are new inventions or a new and more efficient way of doing the old things. It is impossible to stay away from these developments. Each new development brings with it the positive and the negative.

From the fields as diverse as science to technology to medicine, every field nowadays has something to showcase to the world. One of the fields where the human being has lagged behind over the last few decades is the enhancement in the batteries. Each day we use several devices which are powered by the batteries. From watches to mobile-phones to computers and several other personal devices are dependent on these small hidden soldiers within each device. Despite so much of dependency on these little creatures very little has been done to improve their efficiency.

But over the last couple of years a lot of emphasis has been made to make batteries more efficient and capable to hold charge longer which making the charging time much less. With the help of advancements in technology, the scientists have been able to identify the long hidden properties to make the existing materials like lithium etc. more efficient. The improvement has been in terms of both the longevity of operation and reduction of recharge time.

Given our dependency on batteries, this is the one field where I feel the science and technology combined together can bring in tremendous change even to our climate with lesser dependency on fossil fuels and the subsequent reduction in pollution and global warming.