Study in Uk essay for Chevening

Study in Uk essay for Chevening

I think we have to find treatments and solutions for the real therapeutic problems we faced today.Serious diseases like cancer, antimicrobial resistances that threaten our lives,and developing countries' diseases are neglected by the major pharmaceutical companies, all need discovery of new drugs and further development of others. Therefore, I'm eager to study Drug Discovery master that will open the doors for me to conduct research and play a role in tackling those problems in the future.

I am applying for this program at University College London, King's College London and Nottingham University because they have an advanced research infrastructure.This represents clearly in the availability of modern science facilities,for example, High Throughput Assay Technology.Also,they depend on comprehensive educational ways like practical, lectures which delivered by qualified renowned staff ,and they gather excellent academic students .As a result,they produce annually impressive numbers high-quality researchers studies.So,they are in the top ten world university rankings in Pharmacy and have a good reputation.I am sure this level of research environment will help me to develop my personal skills and knowledge to be a distinctive researcher.Moreover, I think the higher numbers of international students there means it will be relatively easy to live in and adapt to UK life.

By studying this course I will get a deeper understanding of the whole process of innovative drugs across the spectrum from bench-side to bedside.I will know more about diseases at the molecular basis, validation of target drugs, identification of lead compounds and how to prepare them using chemical synthesis techniques in laboratories.It will help me also to reach the goal by acquiring required skills to design drug-like small molecules for targeting diseases.

Indeed,this program meets my interest,academic background, and personal skills.My interest in chemistry took apart in the last year of secondary school, where I enjoyed studying Organic chemistry. Then when I decided on my course of study I selected Pharmacy because it is closely related to chemistry. In the third level at university, the tutor impressed upon me the importance of Medicinal Chemistry in the development of new medicines.The topics in Medicinal Chemistry fascinate me to extent of participation with a partner in Medicinal Chemistry exhibition by a seminar about 'How we discover lead drugs'.

In addition,I consider myself as inquisitive and have high attention to details.So, I enjoyed knowing Mechanism of Action of drugs. It gives me answers to inquiries about how drugs work exactly in our bodies to produce their effect .

I believe that I have the essential background for Drug discovery further study because my bachelor degree that I gained is a combination of theoretical knowledge and laboratory skills for the fundamental subjects of this course, which includes Chemistry,Biology, and Pharmacology.As evidence,I graduated with First Class Honours from one of the top universities in my country.

I think I possess the main characteristics for any researcher.With regard to creativity and positive thinking,I work in Aramco pharmacy and we cope daily with challenges like shortage of staff and medication ,hence,I try always to determine reasons for problems and find solutions as I've given suggestions and input to my supervisor to make our work much better.Secondly,this program is very intensive and suitable for whom are hard working and able to make a balance between work and personal life .I have worked on my time management skills, as I've improved the utilization of my daily hours very well, between work-time, preparation for IELTS exam and sometimes quality time for my family.Teamwork is crucial to me, and it has become routine to me, from cooperating with colleagues in laboratory experiments to exchange ideas and sharing research project tasks with my group.This will let me able to handle work in research with colleagues in other divisions.

Finally,when I go to Sudan,I am going to work as a tutor in academic institutions.By delivering the knowledge and expertise that I will gain to home students ,I will contribute to cover a gap of lecturers in this specialty.