New SAT Choice Course Helps Students Decide Between New 2016 SAT and Current SAT

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 06/04/2014 - 11:02

Santa Rosa, CA (PRWEB) June 04, 2014

SAT testing has reached a new level of intensity—and the actual testing hasn't even started yet. The new SAT will not be administered until spring of 2016, yet students are already signing up this summer for a new online course—SAT* Choice—that lets them do a compare and contrast between the new SAT and the current SAT.

The online course was developed by David Benjamin Gruenbaum, President of the test prep company Ahead of the Class, and one of the nation’s foremost SAT experts. Gruembaum has personally instructed over 6,000 students for the SAT.

“The class of 2017 (current freshmen) is a very important and unique transition year,” explains Gruenbaum. “Eleven years ago when the SAT changed, many colleges accepted either the current SAT or new SAT scores for the transition year. This time around, several top colleges have already indicated that it will not be an either-or choice.”

Gruenbaum further states: "It's crucial for students to check with each university before taking the SAT. Every college does things its own way. There may be some colleges that only want the new SAT. There may even be colleges that only want the current SAT.”

Gruenbaum explains that the timetable has been bumped up for some members of the class of 2017. “Normally students start preparing for the SAT during the summer between their sophomore and junior year. But members of the class of 2017 who want to focus on the current SAT don’t have time for that kind of strategy. And many students need to take the SAT two to four times to maximize their superscores. We suggest that students in the class of 2017 who are concentrating on the current SAT take the test once or twice as sophomores and then once or twice again as juniors.”

Until now, students in the class of 2017 haven’t had a way to get started with the New SAT. Baker Welch, who attends Maria Carrillo High School in Santa Rosa, explains why he will be taking the SAT Choice course, “I feel that it’s going to give me a big advantage to get ahead.”

Gruenbaum also explains that there is one type of student who may really get hurt by the new SAT. “Anyone who is stronger at English should definitely consider focusing on the current SAT. Math will count for half of the score on the new SAT compared to one third of the score on the current SAT. Also, the new SAT will test lower-grade vocabulary, so that will definitely take away the advantage for students who have excellent vocabularies.”

The SAT Choice course will be given online in both July and August. “We work with students from around the world and we want to make this course available to everyone,” says Gruenbaum.

The SAT Choice course cost is also very reasonable—$475—especially as compared to other tutor and test prep resources. And, as an option, Gruenbaum explains that students can split the cost by sharing a computer with a friend. “We don’t want cost to preclude anyone from taking our course. We feel at just under $250, the cost if split, the SAT Choice course will be affordable for everyone.”

More information on SAT Choice and Ahead of the Class can be found at: http://www.college2400.com.

About David Benjamin Gruenbaum

David Benjamin Gruenbaum is the author of Ahead of the Class New SAT 2016: First Look, the country’s first prep book for the New SAT (currently available at Amazon.com). Gruenbaum has over 20 years of experience and has personally instructed thousands of students for the SAT. He has been featured as an expert on the CBS Early Show, Fox National News and widely quoted in news publications such as The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Los Angeles Times and The San Francisco Chronicle.

*SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board, which does not endorse the Ahead of the Class course or book.

** All material for the New SAT in the SAT choice course will be based on the draft samples released by the College Board. It is entirely possible that the College Board may alter the New SAT in either a minor or major fashion.

Article references
www.prweb.com