Blue Jays slugger José Bautista celebrates the opening of his very own Booster Juice store in Toronto

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 06/30/2014 - 13:01

TORONTO, June 30, 2014 /CNW/ - Toronto Blue Jays superstar José Bautista is the newest owner of a Booster Juice store in Toronto.

Booster Juice today proudly handed the keys of its franchise location in Bloor West Village to Bautista, longtime company spokesperson and star right-fielder for the Blue Jays.

"We couldn't ask for a more sincere endorsement," said Dale S. Wishewan, President & CEO of Booster Juice.  "We have enjoyed working with, and getting to know José, and we are excited to welcome him further into the Booster Juice family with his first store."

"I love Toronto and I love Booster Juice, so to have my own store right here in the city that has been so good to me is a natural fit," Bautista said. "I look forward to getting to know my new neighbours in Bloor West Village and I hope everyone will swing by for a smoothie!"

Bautista will officially assume control of the existing Booster Juice location at 2420 Bloor Street West today.  In celebration of this milestone, all sales from today's grand re-opening will benefit the Bautista Family Education Fund, which is dedicated to raising awareness and supporting young amateur athletes by providing access to higher education to help them succeed both on and off the field. The fundraising goal is $10,000.

The Booster Juice brand evokes tremendous loyalty in fans of its signature Smoothies, and many of its 300-plus locations are owned by customers who turned their own passion for the product into a successful business venture. But for the high-profile Blue Jays right fielder to literally put his money where his mouth is, that's a true testament to the Booster Juice brand and the active, health-conscious lifestyle it promotes.

About Booster Juice
The first Booster Juice was opened in Sherwood Park, Alberta on November 13, 1999 by Dale S. Wishewan, Booster Juice President and CEO, a guy who thought it would be a good idea to sell smoothies in the middle of a Canadian winter. It turns out that taste trumps temperature, and today there are over 300 locations worldwide. Booster Juice serves its intensely loyal customers a delicious, convenient and healthy alternative to fast food. In addition to their signature smoothies, their menu offers fresh-squeezed juices, hot food, and snacks. In 2013, Dale was awarded the prestigious title of EY Prairies Entrepreneur of the Year and just this year Dale was inducted into the EY Global Hall of Fame.  A vibrant brand that attracts an active clientele, Booster Juice was honoured with a Technomic 2013 and 2014 Consumers' Choice Awards and inducted into the Canadian Franchise Association Hall of Fame in 2014.

About The Bautista Family Education Fund
In 2011, José established The Bautista Family Education Fund which is dedicated to assisting and supporting young amateur athletes by providing access to higher education to help them succeed both on and off the field. Beneficiaries of the BFEF receive support in a variety of ways, including mentorship in all facets of transitioning to life as a collegiate athlete, as well as subsidies for certain education related expenses including room and board and meals. Candidates are selected based not only on their performance in sports, but also on their achievements in academic endeavors. They are required to meet a High School GPA standard, and if English is their second language, perform satisfactorily on the TOEFL exam. The BFEF emphasizes academic achievements along with athletics to allow candidates to reach their full potential off the field, and maximize all future career opportunities in conjunction with their athletic aspirations.

SOURCE Booster Juice

For further information: Terry Vander Linden, National Marketing Manager, (780) 485-8684, tvanderlinden@boosterjuice.com; Sara Rezaee, com.motion Inc., 416-482-1357 / 647-622-5396, srezaee@causeacommotion.com