Combustible Dust Testing, Process Safety Testing and Nuclear Safety Engineering Leaders Fauske & Associates, LLC Opens New Houston Location

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 03/03/2014 - 21:01

Houston, TX (PRWEB) March 03, 2014

Fauske & Associates, LLC (FAI) announces the opening of its new Houston location.

"Houston has one of the highest growth rates of anywhere in the country, particularly in the chemical and oil & gas industries. We have enjoyed our partnerships with our Houston customers and see it as a priority for FAI to be more easily accessible to address their process safety needs” states FAI President Kris Fauske.

With regard to industrial and chemical process safety, FAI is at the forefront of providing quality testing services combined with expert engineering consulting. This service combination fills a critical gap for many companies as internal safety labs have been phased out or cut back due to economic factors. FAI specializes in combustible dust testing, reactive chemical testing, and flammability testing. Already an established leader in the process safety testing arena, FAI recently opened one of the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art combustible dust hazards testing lab and education centers in the world. In addition to laboratory testing, educational training courses and on-site consulting services are a frequent customer request.

In support of this office expansion, FAI has contracted Deandrea “Dee” Woody as a representative in the Houston area. Ms. Woody’s expertise in customer service combined with developing and designing industrial and educational technical service programs make her an ideal local face for FAI support and service.

“Dee has a history of providing timely, client-focused support to oil and gas companies in the Houston area through her work as a trainer. She is embedded in the local business community, and will be an important asset to FAI’s growing presence in area,” says Jeff Griffin, Director of Sales & Business Development.

Woody has a Master’s Degree in Training and Development from University of Houston - Central, Houston, Texas and a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas.

Per Griffin, “Woody is an excellent addition to our team. We are thrilled that she will provide more immediate service to our clients in Houston.”

Founded in 1980 by Hans Fauske (D.Sc.), Michael Grolmes (PhD) and Robert Henry (PhD), FAI became a wholly owned subsidiary of Westinghouse Electric Co. in 1986. FAI assumed early leadership roles in the acclaimed DIERS program for AIChE and the IDCOR program for the nuclear power industry. These activities led to state-of-the-art methodology and laboratory tools for characterizing chemical systems and computer models for analyzing severe accidents in commercial nuclear power plants used worldwide. Recognized worldwide for phenomenological modeling related to the prevention and accommodation of chemical and nuclear power accidents, FAI also provides advanced training and research in physics, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering, computer science and other fields. FAI has several fully staffed laboratories supporting: EQ, CHAMP, full-scale thermal/hydraulics experiments, and basic physical sciences. FAI has a 10CFR50 Appendix B Quality Assurance (QA) Program and is ISO- 17025/IEC, ISO-9001 and TickIT certified. In addition, FAI is an Authorized Provider of IACET CEUs.

FAI is also recognized for conducting comprehensive plant evaluations. FAI’s Nuclear Systems Group helps its customers enhance the availability and reliability of their operating plants while maintaining regulatory compliance, extending plant life and reducing operation and maintenance costs.                            

For more information regarding services to Houston, please contact: Dee Woody, 713-815-4313, Woody(at)fauske(dot)com, http://www.fauske.com, 1330 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 1600, Houston, TX 77056.

###

Editor’s Note: PHOTO