ETS Introduces New Electronic Badges for Student Learning Outcome Assessments

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 02/05/2014 - 23:02

Badges can now be earned, added and shared through Mozilla® Backpack  

PRINCETON, N.J., Feb. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As more students seek new types of learning opportunities, Educational Testing Service (ETS) is now offering electronic badges for students who demonstrate specific learning outcomes on the ETS® Proficiency Profile and iSkills™ assessments—and these badges can be added to a Mozilla Backpack to help test takers manage and share their accomplishments with an unlimited number of recipients in academia and beyond.

Performance-level electronic badges are now available to test takers of both the ETS Proficiency Profile online standard form and the iSkills assessment. Students taking the ETS Proficiency Profile online standard form can earn an electronic badge based on their performance in all four skill areas: mathematics, writing, reading and critical thinking. Badges come in three performance levels that are awarded based on score range. Students taking the iSkills assessment can also earn an electronic badge based on their performance in the various task areas defined by the ICT Literacy Framework.

"Institutions and students alike are increasingly interested in measuring learning and demonstrating performance, and we are excited to provide this new option to help test takers showcase the skills they have obtained," says David Payne, Vice President of Global Education at ETS. "The Mozilla Backpack is a great way to display skills and proficiency to institutions, organizations, colleagues and employers."

Mozilla Open Badges are online representations of skills earned, allowing individuals to verify their skills, interests and achievements through credible organizations. Those earning open badges can display them online, and share them for employment, education or lifelong learning.

Individuals interested in information about electronic badges for the ETS Proficiency Profile can visit www.ets.org/proficiencyprofile/mozilla_badges. Information about electronic badges for the iSkills assessment can be found at www.ets.org/iskills/mozilla_badges. And, to learn more about Mozilla Open Badges, visit www.openbadges.org.  

About ETS
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and post-secondary education, as well as conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC ® tests, the GRE ® tests and The Praxis Series™ assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide.
www.ets.org

SOURCE Educational Testing Service

Article references
news.yahoo.com