Experts to Gather For Summit on Computerized Adaptive Testing

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 05/19/2014 - 13:01

PRINCETON, N.J., May 19, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Educational Testing Service (ETS) will host the 2014 International Association for Computerized Adaptive Testing (IACAT) summit October 8-10. Organizers have already lined up experts to discuss the latest computerized adaptive testing (CAT) applications and research, and IACAT has issued an invitation for additional session proposals.

View photo

.

ETS logo.

This year's theme is, "Facing and Solving Educational and Psychological Measurement Challenges in the 21st Century." The summit will focus on the following topics:

• state-of-the-art psychometric research on CAT
  • new approaches for CAT that are responsive to the challenges and opportunities presented by evolving conceptions of student achievement
  • developments in psychometric theory and assessment design that support adapting tests to individuals or populations
  • applications of CAT in the contexts of personality, workforce and mental health
  • new technologies to support the growing volume of tests
  • new technologies to support new response modalities and accessibility

A Call for Proposals

Proposals are now being accepted for session presentations on any aspect of CAT and must include the following components:

• Proposal title (no longer than 15 words)
  • Author(s) and their affiliation(s)
  • Abstract (500 words or less, single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font)
  • Email address for the submitting author

A limited number of coordinated sessions will also be accepted. If submitting a symposium proposal, for each paper in the symposium follow the instructions above. In addition, please include the following:

• Title of symposium (no longer than 15 words)
  • Organizer(s) and their affiliation(s)
  • Email address for the submitting organizer

The deadline for submission is June 30, 2014. Proposals will be reviewed and notice of acceptance will be sent via email by July 11, 2014. To submit a proposal, interested persons may complete the proposal form.

Beginning this year, IACAT will present the Early Career Researcher Award. The award recipient will receive a grant to attend the summit and will be invited to present a paper. To be eligible for the award, the nominee ought to have an interest in CAT and hold a master's or doctoral degree earned within the past five years, or have completed at least three years of graduate study toward a doctoral degree. Nominations are due by June 15, 2014, and can be emailed to Professor John Barnard. For further details, visit the conference website. Registration for the 2014 conference will open soon. For more information, visit http://iacat.org/conference.

If you have questions or need additional information, contact IACAT at info@iacat.org.

About ETS
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and postsecondary education, and by conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL
® and TOEIC
® tests, the GRE
® tests and The Praxis Series
® assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org

About IACAT
The International Association for Computerized and Adaptive Testing (IACAT) was formed at the beginning of 2010. IACAT grew out of the The GMAC® Computerized Adaptive Testing Conferences held in 2007 and 2009 in Minneapolis, Minn., and started to fill two needs. First, this group is focused on scientific and educational advocacy for computerized adaptive testing. In contrast, existing groups, such as ATP and APA, have a diverse focus. The second need is for an international organization, to encourage CAT around the world. To contact IACAT, please send email to info@iacat.org.

All trademarks are the property of their respective owner

Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120110/DC33419LOGO

SOURCE Educational Testing Service