New Jersey Public High School Seniors Eligible for ETS Scholarships

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 02/21/2013 - 16:59

Scholarships help students achieve higher education goals

PRINCETON, N.J., Feb. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Public high school seniors from throughout New Jersey are eligible to receive scholarships of up to $5,000 from Educational Testing Service's ETS Community Action Fund (ECAF). The scholarships were announced to district officials today and application materials distributed. 

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120110/DC33419LOGO)

The ETS ECAF Scholarship was established to assist graduating seniors in the New Jersey public education system in their goal of achieving a higher education degree. Awards of up to $5,000 each are available to selected students who are pursuing a vocational/technical, two-year or four-year degree from accredited schools, colleges and universities in the United States.

Interested students are invited to complete the ECAF Scholarship application, which must be mailed along with a current, complete official transcript of grades to ETS's Scholarship & Recognition Programs (SRP) division no later than March 29, 2013.

Applications are available online, and can be downloaded at https://www.applysrp.com/ets/applyNow.jsf?foppID=132.

ETS also will accept paper application forms, which are available from local public high school guidance offices. Students should contact their local guidance counselor for application information. Successful applicants will be notified of their awards in early May. All applicants for the ECAF scholarships will be evaluated based upon the following criteria: 

"These scholarships reflect the commitment of ETS employees to make a difference in their local communities," says Kurt Landgraf , President and CEO of ETS. "Through their contributions, ETS is fulfilling its mission of promoting learning and supporting education. And most importantly, they are helping students pursue and attain their educational dreams."

ETS's Scholarship & Recognition Programs (SRP) division, which annually administers millions of dollars in new and renewable awards for companies, organizations and agencies in the United States and abroad, will coordinate notification, recipient selection and management of the effort.

About ETS

At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and post-secondary education, as well as conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® tests and The Praxis Series™ assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org

SOURCE Educational Testing Service