Now, American College students can get US degree

Anonymous's picture

The American College here signed a memorandum of understanding with Concordia College, New York, on Thursday, marking the launch of the American Transfer Programme (ATP). Under the MoU, students of The American College can continue their studies in Concordia College.

According to a release from M. Davamani Christober, Principal, the ATP will enable a student getting 70 per cent or above in undergraduate studies in the second year to continue the third year in Concordia College.

Students of UG courses in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Visual Communication, English, Religion-Philosophy and Sociology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Zoology and Botany can complete their course in the New York college.

As per the prevailing regulations, a student has to study eight semesters to get a degree abroad but a student of The American College has to undergo only three semesters after two years of study here to get a UG degree in Concordia College.

A UG degree from the New York college will enable a student to pursue PG degree either in Concordia College or The Valpraiso University, Indiana, under the ATP. An eligible student will get a scholarship of US $ 10,000 and a maximum of US $ 15,000 by scoring 85 per cent.

The mandatory requirement, according to the release, is a pass in TOEFL/IELTS. Training will be given at The American College for eligible students to appear for TOEFL/IELTS.