Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students today care more about politics than in the past.

There is no doubt that politics are able to capture everyone’s interest because the politics play the pivotal rule in the population’s happiness. Although some people state that the students today care about the politics more than the students in the past, I personally disagree with the statement due to the unstable political situation in the past and varieties of attracted factors in present.

To begin with, since politics in the past was unstable, the students in that period of time had more concern about it more than the students in these days. Nowadays, the political situation is more stable, thus the most of the people have less concern. For example, I had a chance to learn Thai political history, which is about the moment of the change of the politic from the dictatorship to the democracy. Political documentary explicated that there were a lot of students came out from the school and were striking for the democracy. Sadly, many students got killed by the government, some of them had to escape to a jungle where nobody could find and arrest them.

In addition, the students today have numerous factors capturing their interests than the students in the past do. When the people have many things seducing them, they have less attention on the stressful politics. Consequently, the students today might put the heavily political concerns down and deal with other attracted factors. For instance, I barely see that Thai students show up and provoke for the right things or against the corruption that is extremely severe for Thai politics. Needless to say, on the other hand, they tend to follow new technologies, such as phones, computers, and fashion instead.

In conclusion, I totally believe that the students in the past care and put more effort on the politics than the students in these days because the majority of the people are unhappy with the unstable situation of the politics. In addition, in contrast, the students today are fascinated by several kinds of attracted things. As a result, I highly encourage everyone to pay more attention on the politics if we prefer our country to be in the right place.