Beginning next month, Dining Services will no longer serve hot breakfast foods at university dining halls. Instead, students will be offered a wide assortment of cold breakfast items in the morning. These cold breakfast foods, such as breads, fruit, and yogurt, are healthier than many of the hot breakfast items that we will stop serving, so health-conscious students should welcome this change. Students will benefit in another way as well, because limiting the breakfast selection to cold food items will save money and allow us to keep our meal plans affordable.
Narrator Now listen to two students discussing the announcement. Woman Do you believe any of this? It's ridiculous. Man What do you mean? It is important to eat healthy foods ... Woman Sure it is, but they're saying yogurt's better for you than an omelet ... or than hot cereal? I mean whether something's hot or cold, that shouldn't be the issue. Except maybe on a really cold morning, but in that case, which is going to be better for you-a bowl of cold cereal or a nice warm omelet? It's obvious; there's no question. Man I'm not going to argue with you there. Woman And this whole thing about saving money ... Man What about it? Woman Well, they're actually going to make things worse for us, not better. 'Cause if they start cutting back and we can't get what we want right here, on campus, well, we're going to be going off campus and pay off-campus prices, and you know what? That will be expensive. Even if it's only two or three mornings a week, it can add up.
Narrator The woman expresses her opinion of the change that has been announced. State her opinion and explain her reasons for holding that opinion.
- Choose a place you go to often that is important to you and explain why it is important. Please include specifc details in your explanation.
- We are happy to announce that Professor Fox will be filling the vacant Dean of Students position. Strong organizational skills are important for this position. Professor Fox has demonstrated such skills in her role as Head of the Philosophy Department, wh 50
- Many universities now offer academic courses over the Internet. However, some people still prefer learning in traditional classrooms. Which do you think is better? Explain why.
- Some people feel they perform better when they have to finish by a strict time. Others feel they do better work if they do not have time pressure. Which best describes you? Explain why. 50
- Narrator Now listen to part of a lecture in a psychology class. The professor is discussing advertising strategies. Professor In advertising, various strategies are used to persuade people to buy products. In order to sell more products, advertisers will