Housing Renovations Planned
Over the last ten years, the number of Central College students living on campus in dormitories has decreased by twenty percent. In an effort to counteract the trend, the college has announced a plan to renovate its on-campus housing. The renovations will take two years, and they will include improvements to the bathrooms, lighting, and heating in the dormitories. "A lot of people are moving off campus because the dorms aren‘t in great shape," explained the college president. "By renovating the dorms, we can make them more appealing than off-campus housing, and more students will choose to remain on campus."
- Bus Service Elimination Planned....The university has decided to discontinue its free bus service for students. The reason given for this decision is that few students ride the buses and the buses are expensive to operate. Currently, the buses run from th66
- TPO-49 Make textbooks list available earlierStudents always have to wait until the beginning of the semester to find out which textbooks they will need for their new courses. But since a lot of students register early for their courses, I think that the l83
- Some people think that government should spend as much money as possible on developing technology. Other people disagree and think that this money should spent on more basic needs. Which opinion do you agree with and why?66
- Actor-observerPeople account for their own behavior differently from how they account for the behaviorof others. When observing the behavior of others, we tend to attribute theiractions to their character or their personality rather than to external facto63
- TPO19 Q2More and more people are buying items on the Internet and from magazines or catalogs. Other people prefer shopping in a store. Which do you prefer and why?83
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 662.0 593.389002037 112% => OK
No of words: 169.0 154.784114053 109% => OK
Chars per words: 3.91715976331 3.82920900774 102% => OK
Fourth root words length: 3.60555127546 3.52088357496 102% => OK
Word Length SD: 1.89493288305 1.81998168104 104% => OK
Unique words: 105.0 93.7942973523 112% => OK
Unique words percentage: 0.621301775148 0.608046397892 102% => OK
Syllable count: 203.4 185.724439919 110% => OK
Avg_syllables_per_word: 1.2 1.20224032587 100% => OK
Performance on coherence:
Topic speech coherence ratio: 0.0 0.0833886788687 0% => It may have issues on recording quality or the content is not so closely related to content.
Acoustic performance on paragraphs:
How many acoustic paragraphs: 9.0 3.90020366599 231% => Need less acoustic paragraphs.
Average paragraph length: 19.0 71.3690273242 27% => The average paragraph length is low.
STD paragraph length: 14.6590889515 24.1299301424 61% => OK
Average paragraph duration: 6.29222222222 26.8388033085 23% => The speaking content is not well organized.
STD paragraph duration: 4.97305356179 8.89323425527 56% => OK
Acoustic performance on sentences:
How many acoustic sentences: 34.0 40.266802444 84% => OK
Average acoustic sentence length: 4.97058823529 4.20756893501 118% => OK
STD acoustic sentence length: 3.76895440421 3.23972648638 116% => OK
Average acoustic sentences duration: 1.53441176471 1.51236819293 101% => OK
STD acoustic sentences duration: 1.03012047033 1.0352206224 100% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic silence:(An acoustic silence means a little pause between two or more words)
How many acoustic silence: 33.0 37.9022403259 87% => OK
Total acoustic silence duration: 6.23 7.22384928717 86% => OK
Average acoustic silence duration: 0.188787878788 0.193825474362 97% => OK
STD acoustic silence duration: 0.145472221148 0.16431695912 89% => OK
Acoustic performance on acoustic words:
Total word duration: 44.13 46.6644602851 95% => OK
Average word duration: 0.261124260355 0.304040633073 86% => OK
STD word duration: 0.150129852878 0.193491353168 78% => OK
Disfluencies: like hesitations, or 'ehn' or taking a long time to pronounce a word:
How many disfluencies: 5.0 8.88594704684 56% => OK
Total_disfluencies_duration: 3.35 6.97134419552 48% => OK
Total acoustic noise duration: 4.16 3.21433808554 129% => It may have issues on recording quality or have issues on silences or disfluencies.
Total speech duration: 56.63 59.1375356415 96% => Talk more. Do not save time. People can talk 4-5 words in one second.
Compare to expected duration: 0.943833333333 0.985625594026 96% => OK
Rate of silence: 0.582730001766 0.643888735843 91% => OK
Rate of speech: 2.98428394844 2.61565628039 114% => OK
Rate of speech by unique words: 1.85414091471 1.58604529434 117% => OK
Rate of word duration by unique words: 2.37933378654 2.01333574461 118% => OK
Average articulation rates: 0.339152881657 0.322651457988 105% => OK
Rates: 80.0 out of 100
Scores by speech e-grader: 24.0 Out of 30
Note: the speech e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas.