TPO 06 - Question 4 Explicit Memories and Implicit Memories In everyday life, when people speak of memory, they are almost always speaking about what psychologists would call explicit memories. An explicit memory is a conscious or intentional recollection

Speaking topics
Speaking recording upload
Speaking category

22 in 30

most important messages missing:

when they are asked to name an animal whose name starts with a “p”, they’ll say “panther” instead of “pig” which is more commonly known.

correct scripts:
17. You ask, um...ok, um...you ask them to name an animal starting with the letter 'p'.
18. What do you think they'll answer?
19. Do they say 'pig'?
20. 'Pig' is the most common animal that starts with the letter 'p', but they don't say 'pig'.
21. They say 'Panther'.

Alright .. i have 2 questions
1. I heard while answering any toefl question w should try and it is better to eliminate i and you in the answer and talk from third person prospective like if we give exmple it is better to say " some people would study biology " not " i want to study biology" specially i should not say " you study biology " as if i am talking to the grader .. is that correct ???
2. We should answer According to the question only .. let us in question 4 where there is definition in reading and example in the listening and the question is asking to explain how the example represented the definition , then i should mention the example in my answer and i do not have to start by mentioning the definition from the reading .. or in q 3 sometime it comes like this "The woman expresses her opinion about the plan described in the article , state her opinion and explain t he reasons she gives for holding the opinion." then i do not have to talk about the announcement ... is that correct ??
Thanks

Answer for Q1: This is not a fixed rule. If the examples match the content pretty well, there is no problem to get a high mark.

this user who doesn't use personal experiences got 29:
http://www.testbig.com/users/bigzee

while this user always used personal experiences and got 27:
http://www.testbig.com/users/patel-dolly

but from the marks we can understand that personal experiences are not welcomed that much by examiners. Actually we think the user patel-dolly talks better than bigzee does.

-------------
Answers for Q2:
for Q3 to Q6, the time pattern is always like this:

introduction: 1-20 seconds.
reason 1/example 1/topic 1: about 20 seconds
reason 2/example 2/topic 2: about 20 seconds

The introduction part is from reading. we can't ignore it. and it is the summary of reading. It should be right on the point. Don't put too much time on this part.