TPO 08 - Question 4

Speaking topics in text

TPO 08 - Question 4

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

The professor talks about revealing coloration which is a strategy animals use to get away from predators involving the use of colors. In the first example, peanut bugs show the two big bright spots located on their back wings to surprise predators, so it gets a chance to hide or escape. In the second example, the professor talks about morpho butterfly. When it’s attacked by birds, the morpho flies away, and when it flaps its wings, it’s very difficult for the bird to get a good look at them, because morpho’s wings can reflect a lot of sun light. When the bird slows down, the morpho can usually get away.

1. There is a large tropical insect called the Peanut Bug, yes like the peanuts that you eat.
2. Um and the peanut bug's front wings are colored so that they blend in with their surroundings.
3. But its back wings, which are usually closed and hidden, have these bright colorful spots on them and when the peanut bug's attacked, it suddenly opens its back wings and out pop these big bright colors.
4. And that surprises the predator and gives the peanut bug a chance to get away.
5. Um and then you have a butterfly called the morpho Butterfly, and parts of the morpho butterfly's wings are very shiny.
6. They reflect a lot of sunlight.
7. When this butterfly is resting, this shiny part of its wings is hidden.
8. Now morpho butterflies are often attacked by birds.
9. So when a bird approaches, the morpho flies away.
10. And when the morph flaps its wings, all the bird can see are flashes of light reflected from the morpho's wings.
11. Those flashes of light make it very difficult for the bird to follow the morpho, and the morpho is usually able to get away.