TPO 07 - Question 5
- Some university students choose to take difficult classes even if they know they might not get a good grade in the class. Other students prefer to take easier classes in which they know they will get a good grade. Which do you prefer? Explain why. 100
- TPO 16 - Question 3 100
- Your university plans to open a cafe inside the campus library. Do you think this is a good idea? Explain why or why not. 78
- If you could have any job or career you wanted, which would you choose and why? Give specific details to explain your response. 100
- Students study in a variety of ways. Explain how your study habits are different from those of other students you know. 70
A sample Answer to this speaking in text:
The woman’s problem is that her computer is broken and being repaired in the shop, now she can’t finish all her papers in time. There are two possible solutions here. The first one is that she can go to the computer lab to do all the work. The second is waiting for her computer to be repaired. I would use the computer lab to do my work if I were her. First, this way she won’t waste anytime on the weekend, and there is no guaranty that the repair shop can get her computer ready as early as the beginning of next week. Second, she can choose a time when the lab is less noisy to do her work, such as early in the morning or late in the evening.
1. Now listen to a conversation between two students.
2. Hey Jennifer, how are things going?
3. Well, I'm relieved it's the end of the semester but, that's actually part of my problem
4. What do you mean?
5. Can you believe this?
6. My computer broke yesterday, so it's at the shop being repaired.
7. It won't be ready until the end of next week, which is when all my papers are due.
8. Why not use the computer lab?
9. They've got lots of machines there.
10. I know.
11. But it gets so noisy there that I can't keep my mind on my work.
12. I mean when I'm at the computer, I'm not just typing - I'm thinking!
13. So I need quiet to concentrate.
14. Maybe you could try going in the morning or evening. It might be less noisy then!
15. Maybe, but this time of year everybody is working on papers and it could be crowded even then.
16. Um...what about calling back the computer repair shop to see if they can have your computer ready at the beginning of next week instead?
17. That would still give you enough time to finish your papers by the end of the week.
18. Oh!I haven't thought of that!
19. The only problem is that the shop is closed today and tomorrow for the long holiday weekend so it would be a few days before I could talk to them.