Also released: Stephenie Meyer adaptation 'The Host' and Colin Farrell's 'Dead Man Down.'

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 07/12/2013 - 08:00

SHARE
5

6

1
COMMENT
MORE

Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
2013, Lionsgate, PG-13, $30; Blu-ray, $40

A marriage counselor working with a struggling young couple offers a cautionary tale to the wife about a woman who chose to have an affair and leave her husband only to wind up abused and alone. The woman in this story, adapted by Perry from his 2008 play of the same name, soon learns that there was a lot wrong with Mr. Right. Jumee Smollet, Lance Gross, Vanessa L. Williams, Brandy Norwood, Ella Joyce, Robbie Jones and Kim Kardashian star.

AMAZON: Tyler Perry's Temptation

Admission
2013, Focus, PG-13, $30; Blu-ray, $35

An uptight Princeton University admissions officer (Tina Fey) is caught off-guard when she visits an alternative school run by a former college classmate (Paul Rudd). He thinks that an unconventional but gifted student of his could be the child she gave up for adoption many years ago. The possibility leads her to take risks and make choices that would not have occurred to her before. USA TODAY's Claudia Puig says: * * ½ out of four

AMAZON: Admission

A ruthless college admissions officer (Tina Fey) finds her professional and personal life turned upside down when she meets the son (Nat Wolff) she gave up for adoption 18 years ago.

The Host
2013, Universal, PG-13, $30; Blu-ray, $35

Extraterrestrial psychic parasites have taken over the bodies of most of the human race. But Melanie Stryder (Saoirse Ronan) refuses to surrender her identity to her alien soul and goes in search of her boyfriend and other humans who have not yet been taken over. Along the way, she has to come to terms with her unwanted guest. Puig: * *

AMAZON: The Host

A parasitic alien force has neared complete conversion of the human race when it infects a young woman who forms a symbiotic relationship with the alien and strives to save humanity. Based on a novel by Stephenie Meyer.

Dead Man Down
2013, Sony, R, $27; Blu-ray, $36

A man (Colin Farrell) infiltrates the organization of a crime lord (Terrence Howard) against whom he is seeking revenge for the murders of his wife and daughter. Meanwhile, he's being pressured by a neighbor (Noomi Rapace) who has a tape of him killing a man to help her exact some revenge of her own. Puig: * *

AMAZON: Dead Man Down

SHARE
5

6

1
COMMENT
MORE