De-stress the College Application Process With Doorway to College C.A.M.P. in a 5-Day Campus Experience

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 06/19/2014 - 10:01

WARRINGTON, PA--(Marketwired - Jun 19, 2014) - In the 1980s, a typical high school senior applied to 3 to 5 colleges. Today, the average student goes through the college application process 12 times. Those seeking admission to a perceived "prestigious" or "highly selective" university, such as an Ivy League school, may even submit up to an astounding 25 applications.

Although the number of applications has increased, the acceptance rates of prestigious colleges and universities have not. This results in greater competition among applicants for the coveted spots available, and a lot of stress for both students and parents. Moreover, with college costs at an all-time high and rising, the importance of making the right college decisions is greater than ever.

Doorway to College's College Application Management Program (C.A.M.P.) is designed to empower students and their families to meet these challenges head-on. The program will be held on campuses throughout the Northeast this summer:

June 23-27, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
July 7-11, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
July 14-18, Bryn Athyn College, Pennsylvania
July 28-August 1, Villanova University, Pennsylvania
August 4-8, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
August 11-15, Comfort Inn Conference Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
August 18-22, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
August 25-29, Philadelphia Area, TBA

Doorway to College C.A.M.P. is a five-day series of workshops, activities and campus tours covering all aspects of the college exploration and application process. The program offers more in-depth and individualized guidance to students and parents than can be provided by most high schools, particularly in an era of school budget cuts.

Parents and students who seek professional college guidance want to both support their child's aspirations while also avoiding undue anxiety, frustration or debt. They turn to guidance experts to avoid the overwhelming process of doing all the college research on their own. "According to a U.S. Department of Education Guidance School Survey, high school students get an average of only 38 minutes with a school counselor in four years, which is simply not enough. Most students obviously do not get enough support in the application process. That's why there's a tremendous need for the services that C.A.M.P. provides," says C.A.M.P. director, Jay London.

Students and parents are invited to attend Doorway to College C.A.M.P. as a family to focus the student's college search, explore financial aid options, polish applications and learn the elements of effective essays and interviews. Doorway to College C.A.M.P.'s interactive and engaging approach helps each student:

Testimonials about Doorway to College C.A.M.P. demonstrate the value parents and students place on their learning experience. For example, student T.H. from Cherry Hill, New Jersey, says:

"I cannot thank you enough for having a college application camp. ... I learned so much about myself and actually felt like I knew why I was going to college! ... Best of all, when senior year started I was pretty much done with my college search stress and all of my friends were freaking out! ... I am going to my dream school, which I didn't even know about before I attended C.A.M.P. Thanks again!!"

For more information about Doorway to College C.A.M.P., contact director Jay London at 215-896-1443. Or write to jay@doorwaytocollege.com.

About Doorway to College

Founded in 2011 by Douglas Paul, Ph.D., Doorway to College emerged from a 30-year history of serving college-bound high school students through popular ZAPS test preparation seminars, webinars, video, and digital tools for the ACT, PSAT, and SAT. Doorway to College continues to provide ZAPS instruction across the U.S. as part of a broader mission that now includes a full scope of products and services designed to prepare students for success in college and beyond. Doorway to College is headquartered in Iowa City, Iowa, with branch offices in Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Texas. For more information about Doorway to College, contact Julia Wasson toll-free at 877-927-8378 or Julia@doorwaytocollege.com.