Lady Antebellum's Success Continues With 'Own the Night'

November 08, 2011

Only five years ago, Lady Antebellum was performing in small Nashville nightclubs. Three Number One albums later, the Country trio has become internationally famous. Lady Antebellum's latest album is "Own The Night."

Lady Antebellum's recent Number One Country single, "Just A Kiss," debuted at Number 7 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart to give the trio its highest career entry on that list.

First-week sales of the band's new album, "Own the Night," far exceeded initial projections. The collection sold 347,000 copies and earned Number One debuts on both the Country and Billboard 200 charts.

Lady Antebellum's previous release, "Need You Now," was the second best-selling album of 2010. Its title track was a Grammy-winning Country-pop crossover hit that sold a staggering five million digital downloads.

Lady Antebellum wrote or co-wrote 10 of the 12 songs on "Own the Night." The group's Dave Haywood says, "We're definitely more in tune with each other musically and personally than ever. It's an exciting place to be. With ‘Own The Night,' more than ever before, I think we share a real feeling of accomplishment both as a band and as friends."

Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott and Dave Haywood all use social media to maintain a strong connection to their fans. The trio's Facebook page boasts more than 5.5 million followers and each member communicates with close to 500,000 fans on Twitter.

Lady Antebellum also offers a glimpse into the members' professional and personal lives in its Webisode Wednesday video series. The clips are posted on the band's website, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.

In 2009, Lady Antebellum broke Rascal Flatts' six-year winning streak by taking home the Country Music Association's Vocal Group of the Year award. The trio repeated that win in 2010 and is a nominee again this year.

Two days after the November 9 CMA Awards ceremony, Lady Antebellum will kick off a U.S. tour that runs through the end of the year. Pop-turned-Country singer Josh Kelley will open the concerts. Josh is the brother of Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley. The group's first arena headlining tour is scheduled to begin in January 2012.

Lady Antebellum is rocketing up the Country chart with the second single from its new album, "We Owned The Night."