Luke Bryan Sees Quick Success With 'Tailgates and Tanlines'

October 03, 2011

Ten years ago, Luke Bryan moved to Nashville to pursue a career in Country music. With the recent release of his third album, some critics believe Luke is destined to become the genre's next big star.

"Country Girl" was the first single from Luke Bryan's new album, "Tailgates and Tanlines." The fastest-rising chart hit of his career reached the Top Five and sold more than one million downloads. "Country Girl's" popularity propelled the recent Number One debut of "Tailgates and Tanlines" on the Country chart and a second place entry on the all-genre Billboard 200.

Luke co-wrote eight of the 13 songs on the album.

"When I was writing and recording this project, I wanted to make an album which made people forget about all the other things in their lives that might stress them out and just have fun! And to have this kind of response from my fans makes me feel like that goal was accomplished," he says.

Luke is supporting "Tailgates and Tanlines" on the 10th annual "CMT On Tour." He's headlining the 22-city outing, which also features Lee Brice and Josh Thompson. In addition, Luke has six concerts planned on his third annual "Farm Tour." Proceeds from the shows give one student from a farming family in each city a scholarship to attend the local community college.

On November 9, Luke will be in Nashville to appear on the Country Music Association Awards. He's nominated in the New Artist of the Year category.