Neil Diamond Celebrates Holiday Season with 'A Cherry Cherry Christmas'

16 December 2009

Singer Neil Diamond rings in the holiday season with a compilation of Christmas classics on his new album,  'A Cherry Cherry Christmas.' 

The album includes nine songs from his previous holiday tributes, from "Sleigh Ride" to "Winter Wonderland," as well as two original recordings, "Christmas Dream" and "Cherry Cherry Christmas." 

Diamond puts a seasonal spin on one of his earliest hits, "Cherry Cherry," with "Cherry Cherry Christmas."

For a slightly different take on holiday cheer, Neil updates Adam Sandler's comedic melody, "The Chanukah Song."    

Neil Diamond, who celebrates his 69th birthday in January, is closing out the decade on a high note.  In addition to the release of his new Christmas album, he's the subject of a new biography, titled Neil Diamond Is Forever: The Illustrated Story of the Man and His Music

Diamond is one of a handful of pop stars who performed at the "Christmas In Washington" concert at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC.  The show also featured Mary J. Blige, Sugarland, Rob Thomas, Usher, and 15-year-old singing sensation Justin Bieber.