21 April, 2016
American pop music superstar Prince has died.
His representative, Yvette Noel-Schure, told the Associated Press that the performer was found dead at his home near Minneapolis, Minnesota. He was 57 years old.
The singer and songwriter was widely praised as one of the most inventive musicians of his time. James Brown, the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix were among the artists that influenced him.
Prince was treated at a hospital last week. He was reportedly suffering from the flu.
Prince's hits included "Little Red Corvette," ''Let's Go Crazy" and "When Doves Cry." The Minneapolis native began to gain fame in the late 1970s. His popularity continued to grow through the following years with such albums as "1999" and "Purple Rain."
I'm Caty Weaver.
- College Basketball's March Madness | Question From Nigeria About MP3 | Folk-Influenced Music by Elvis Perkins
- Bicycling Brothers Search America for Community Spirit
- The Story of How a 1907 Painting by Klimt Just Sold for a Record $135 Million
- Online Tools Let Playground Builder KaBOOM Reach Overseas
- New Holiday Albums From Kelly Clarkson, Johnny Mathis and Others