Sara Evans Feeling 'Stronger' About New CD

March 23, 2011

It's been more than five years since the release of country star Sara Evans' last album.

Stronger, is Sara's second consecutive album to debut at Number One on Billboard's Country chart. She says the album's title represents how she feels at this point in her life. In 2007, Sara went through a bitter divorce from her husband of 13 years, musician and politician Craig Schelske. One year later, she married sports radio host Jay Barker and moved from Nashville to Birmingham, Alabama, where the couple is raising their blended family of seven children.

Sara co-wrote six of the album's 10 tracks. Included are a bluegrass version of her Number One song "Born To Fly" and a cover of Rod Stewart's 1988 rock hit, "My Heart Can't Tell You No." The song was composed by British producer Simon Climie and Nashville songwriter Dennis Morgan. Morgan originally intended it to be recorded by a country artist.

Happy to be settled back in her music career, Sara will support her new album with U.S. concerts. They include an appearance at the April 10 "Country Thunder Festival" in Arizona. In June, she'll join Rascal Flatts' tour.

The debut single from "Stronger" was included in the Tim McGraw/Gwyneth Paltrow film, Country Strong. Her empowering hit "A Little Bit Stronger" was co-written by Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott.