Top 5 Songs for Week Ending Nov. 14

November 13,2015

These are the five most popular songs in the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, for the week ending November 14, 2015.

We welcome two new songs this week…including a champion of historic proportions.

Number 5: "What Do You Mean? Justin Bieber

Things start quietly enough in fifth place, where Justin Bieber dips two notches with “What Do You Mean?” Justin’s Purpose album drops November 13, and he’s saying some interesting things to the press. Justin tells Billboard that he almost let early stardom destroy him…and he wants people to be more kind to young celebrities.

Number 4: "The Hills" The Weeknd

I guess you could call The Weeknd a young celebrity…he’s still only 25. This week “The Hills” loses its crown in fourth place. The Weeknd just hit the road with an interesting opening act. On November 5, he kicked off his North American tour in his home base of Toronto, Canada. Opening for him was moody singer-songwriter Banks. They’ll be together through December 9.

Number 3: "Hotline Bling" Drake

It’s a “down” week for Drake, as “Hotline Bling” backs off a slot to third place. On November 4, Drake shared an Instagram photo of a black billboard in Toronto, Canada. It says “The 6 God Is Watching,” and the caption reads “Be home soon.” It may signal the imminent arrival of his next album, Views From The 6.

Number 2: "Sorry" Justin Bieber

Now, here’s where the fireworks begin. Justin Bieber debuts at number two with “Sorry.” We’re seeing a kinder, gentler Justin this week. He tells Billboard magazine that his relationship with Selena Gomez is a love that never really dies and he told U.K. talk show host Alan Carr that he cried while watching an Amy Winehouse documentary.

Ordinarily, “Sorry” would be the star of the show, but this is no ordinary week.

Number 1: "Hello" Adele

Adele takes the Hot 100 by storm. She's back with her first new music in three years, as “Hello” debuts at number one.

Not only is it her fourth Stateside singles champ, it’s the first title to sell more than one million downloads in its first week. That’s especially impressive when you consider that downloads in general have been falling for the past two years…as the public shifted to streaming.

Can Adele maintain her momentum? There’s only one way to find out: join us next week.