Top 5 Songs for Week Ending Oct. 10

October 07,2015

We’re rolling out the five most popular songs in the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, for the week ending October 10, 2015.

This week's lineup is a mixed bag: some songs stay put, while one big hit makes a splashy entrance.

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending Oct. 10

1. " The Hills" The Weeknd

2. "What Do You Mean?" Justin Bieber

3. "Can't Feel My Face" The Weeknd

4. "Hotline Bling" Drake

5. "Watch Me" Silento

Let’s start in fifth place, where Silento dips a notch with “Watch Me.” It continues to inspire dozens of viral videos. For months, fans have videoed themselves dancing to this song. The latest viral clip comes from the state of Georgia, where a pregnant woman managed to do the “whip” and the “nae nae” between contractions.

Here’s your new hit: Drake shoots from ninth to fourth place with “Hotline Bling.” Drake's fourth full-length album Views From The 6 is on the way, and on Oct. 3 he released the first single. “Can I” features Beyonce…the pair last worked together in 2013 on her song “Mine.” Web site genius.com reports Views From The 6 will also feature Kendrick Lamar and Tinashe.

Up in third place, The Weeknd holds with his former champ "Can’t Feel My Face." He co-wrote it with Swedish hitmaker Max Martin, who trails only Paul McCartney and John Lennon in total pop number one singles. The song leaked in late May, and officially appeared on June 8. That same day, The Weeknd performed it at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.

Justin Bieber stays within striking distance of regaining the Hot 100 title, as “What Do You Mean?” holds in second place. On Oct. 2, Justin went on Instagram to start a six-week countdown to the November 13 release of his next album. The post also read “Purpose,” which Billboard speculates is the album’s title.

Our purpose is to crown the number one single in the land…and here we are. The Weeknd holds the title for a second consecutive week with “The Hills.” He’s hopping aboard a star-filled tour this holiday season.

On Oct. 4, iHeart Radio announced the lineup for its 11-date Jingle Ball Tour of the U.S. The Weeknd is on board, along with Selena Gomez, One Direction, Calvin Harris, Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas, Ellie Goulding (Golding), Hailee Steinfeld, and Zedd. The tour runs from December 1 through 19.

That’s it for now, but we'll return next week with an all-new lineup.