U.S. - Israel Friendship Flourishes

May 11, 2017

Vice President Mike Pence recently marked the 69th anniversary of Israel's independence. On the fifth day in the month of Iyar in the Hebrew calendar in 1948, he noted “the state of Israel was reborn.”

“Since the moment of their independence,” said Vice President Mike Pence, “the Israeli people have awed the world with their strength of will, and their strength of character. They've turned the desert into a garden, scarcity into plenty. And people of Israel have turned hope into a future of security and prosperity.”

And under President Donald Trump, said Mr. Pence, “the world will know this: America stands with Israel. . . because her cause is our cause. Her values are our values. And her fight is our fight.”

President Trump has committed to resolving the Israeli and Palestinian conflict. Even now, progress is being made toward the goal of peace. And while there will undoubtedly have to be compromises, said Vice President Pence, “you can rest assured President Donald Trump will never compromise the safety and security of the Jewish State of Israel -- not now, not ever.”

President Trump is determined to keep his promise to defeat the terrorist threat. “ISIS is on the run,” said Mr. Pence, “and we will hunt down and destroy ISIS and terrorist organizations at their source so they no longer threaten” the United States or its allies.

The United States has put Iran on notice. America will no longer tolerate Iran's efforts to destabilize the region and jeopardize Israel's security. “Under President Donald Trump, the United States of America will not allow Iran to develop a nuclear weapon,” said Vice President Pence.

“It was faith that led the Jewish people to return to their ancient homeland,” said Mr. Pence. “It was hope that spurred them to strive with all their strength for a brighter future.”

“Israel is an eternal testament to the undying fortitude of the Jewish people,” said Vice President Pence, “to the unfathomable power of human freedom, and to the unending faithfulness of God.”