The following argument was made in a newspaper editorial:“The autonomy of any country is based on the strength of its borders; if the number of illegal immigrants entering a country cannot be checked, both its economy and national identity are endangered.

The following argument was made in a newspaper editorial:

“The autonomy of any country is based on the strength of its borders; if the number of illegal immigrants entering a country cannot be checked, both its economy and national identity are endangered. Because illegal immigrants pose such threats, every effort must be made to return them to their country of origin.”

In may be true that autonomy and economy of a country can somewhat be dependent on its borders and that illegal immigrants Although, the author states that " if the number of illegal immigrants entering a country cannot be checked, both its economy and national identity are endangered." Without such information, it becomes difficult to consider the feasibility of the statement. It can be stated that autonomy of a country is somewhat determined by its inhabitants but mainly rest in the hands of the authorities running the country and cannot effected by some immigrants, unless they pose threat to the people and authorities of the country.

The author did not mention up to what extend the economy and national identity is endangered. Are the immigrant very few in number and does not burden the country's economy or they very large in number and they consume many resources of the country without paying any tax. Also, are they rebellious in establishing a strong position of their community in the country or some spy of another countries thus, endangering the national identity or they just docile and just want a living and the major cause to immigrate was to find a living. It may happen that these immigrants are enriching the culture of the country and some of them are knowledgeable and experienced enough to work for the government and thus improve the economy.No data is provided to support that immigrants posed such threats in past years. Had the author provided some relevant and reliable data to support his statements then it would have bolstered his argument but because of the dearth of proper evidence and statistics it is difficult to establish the efficacy of the argument.

Sentence: However, on looking closely we can easily see that may evidence to support the statement made by the author that illegal immigrants must be sent back to their country are missing.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to may and evidence

Sentence: It can be stated that autonomy of a country is somewhat determined by its inhabitants but mainly rest in the hands of the authorities running the country and cannot effected by some immigrants, unless they pose threat to the people and authorities of the country.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to cannot and effected

Sentence: Also, are they rebellious in establishing a strong position of their community in the country or some spy of another countries thus, endangering the national identity or they just docile and just want a living and the major cause to immigrate was to find a living.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to they and rebellious
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to another and countries

---------------------
argument 1 -- not OK

--------------------

better to have 4-5 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction
para 2: argument 1
para 3: argument 2
para 4: argument 3
para 5: conclusion

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/autonomy-any-country-based-streng…