The perceived greatness of any political leader has more to do with the challenges faced by that leader than with any of his or her inherent skills and abilities.

What makes a leader great? Is it his inherant abilities or the challenges faced by him. Some argue challenges faced makes leader percieved as great and some may not. History is full of leaders, which makes it hard to deny that the leader without inherant skills can be worthy enough to face challenges.

First and foremost; Gandhi,the father of the nation India, has used non-violence as the tool for fighting the worlds most powerful empire, British empire. It wouldn't have been possible without his inherant courage to stand in front of british soldiers without any weapons. This courage will only make him percieved as great leader.

While Gandhi challenged British empire; The first prime minister of India, Nehru, was challenged by his own country fellow to make the country a non-secular, Hindu country in response to the Pakistan's decision to make Islamic country. But Nehru who is known for his long-term vision, rejected the proposal, which was a great challenge when country was getting divided based on religion, where both the religions were killing each others, he chose not retaliate instead put forward a friendly gesture. His inherent qualities, long-term vision and neutral perspective towards religion, make him great.

However some may rebut that the challenges they faced made them great. But without those qualities it wouldn't have been possible to take such strong decisions. During Partition of India the decision took by Nehru from India and Jinnah from Pakistan were quite dissimilar, where both faced the same challenges, Jinnah chose to impress his country by full-filling their hatred where as Nehru chose to get a new start for the country.

Ultimately, from above facts it can be considered that the challenges are every where only great leaders choose to face them and due their inherent qualities only the make difference and prove their greatness.

Sentence: Is it his inherant abilities or the challenges faced by him.
Error: inherant Suggestion: inherent

Sentence: Some argue challenges faced makes leader percieved as great and some may not.
Error: percieved Suggestion: perceived

Sentence: History is full of leaders, which makes it hard to deny that the leader without inherant skills can be worthy enough to face challenges.
Error: inherant Suggestion: inherent

Sentence: It wouldn't have been possible without his inherant courage to stand in front of british soldiers without any weapons.
Error: inherant Suggestion: inherent

Sentence: This courage will only make him percieved as great leader.
Error: percieved Suggestion: perceived