Discussing some illegal actions by the Internet

Today, the Internet revolutionized communication and dissemination of information as it has done television and radio in the past. However, development of the Internet creates a big problem for society. This essay will discuss some illegal actions by the Internet and propose solutions.

Firstly, today the Internet has reached all over the world. The effect on the legal issues that the law of a nation state is no longer able to control what happens on the internet on-line. Instance of this case is the legal restrictions on reporting. In some countries, the media is not allowed to disclose past defendants in the case of a fair trial. However, at this time such prohibition is no longer valid because the internet publishes information freely throughout the world and can be accessed by everyone. The only solution is to apply the standards of the world. This rule applied because the Internet crosses state boundaries, so the flow of information can be controlled if all nations agree on what information should be shared and what can not.

Another problem is the issue of confidentiality. General Internet users can easily hide their identity, and they can imitate others. Today, many crimes such as identity theft and sexual abuse of children as criminals operate simply on on-line. Some people propose to identify on-line system, which is similar a passport, which allows all users of the Internet should be examined and explored. I believe this idea should be further studied, although obviously there are concerns about the safety of people using the internet in order to protest against the government’s dictatorial policies.

In conclusion, because the case is a global problem, so there must be a strong international cooperation. I believe that The United Nations should establish immediately a new agency specifically to address this issue.

More words, higher marks.