CET4 sample essay - CET4 exam essay writing on Jan 1996 : The Two-day Weekend

Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a composition on the topic The Two-day Weekend. You should write at least 100 words and you should base your composition on the outline (given in Chinese) below:
1. Advantages of two-day weekend
2. Problems of two-day weekend
3. How to pass two-day weekend

Sample essay:

The two-day weekend has brought a lot of benefits to college students. It not only offers us more time to get rid of tiredness and have a good rest, but also gives us more chances to take up some hobbies, such as fishing, reading, or gardening. From these activities we can learn many things outside the classroom, which will add to our knowledge.

Despite the convenience it brings us, the two-day weekend has also given rise to quite a few problems. The most serious one is that the weekdays are filled with more lesson, sometimes too many. Because our classes are limited to Monday through Friday, we have to take more lessons each day than in the past. This leaves us little time to catch our breath during the weekdays.

In order to benefit most from the two-day weekend, I have decided to make a good plan for the two-day weekend. Of course I should take this chance to relax. But during the weekend, I will still set aside enough time to study. By doing so ii can have a good time as well as make progress in my studies.