CET4 sample essay - CET4 exam essay writing on June 1993 : My favorite TV programs

Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic My Most Favorite Programme. You should write no less than 100 words and you should base your composition on the outline (given in Chinese) below:

1. My favorite TV programs are ...
2. The characters of those TV programs
3. The reasons i like them

Sample essay:

The News Report has always been my favorite TV program. Almost everyday I turn on the TV at 6:30 p.m. and wait for the news program. This has become a part of my life.

The News Report contains a large amount of information – from the international political situation to the latest foot-ball game. And the most important character is its fast pace. Because of this fast pace, news programs can contain much information in a short time.

In my opinion, the News Report is more than a TV program. It is a way of communication. From this program, people can know and understand world affairs. The world thus becomes smaller and smaller. I especially appreciate this benefit of watching the news.