In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.What do you think may be the reasons for this?What problems might cause in society?

In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.
What do you think may be the reasons for this?
What problems might cause in society?

Older people are the senior most citizens of the country . They are age wise elder than the younger generations. Older people should be respected and shown utmost care by the youth .

However, the truth is respect has just been a topic to talk about. It is the opposite. They are looked with a low key eye . Love, affection and care is what the older people needs in their age . But people are so much busy in their own world that they hardly have time for such things .

Life is busy. People are caught up in their own lives . The day to day jobs, colleges have made life so busier that anyone hardly has enough time to think about others .Getting financially secured has made the mindset focused into the jobs done. Weekends means taking a day off from all the week-long pressures . Therefore , partying, gathering with the same alike friends is the plans mostly. And in these schedule of life they do not happen to think about older people . Even the generation gap is the reason. They do not abide by the rules of life. Culture barriers is seen. Old people have less knowledge about the techno generation today . They are physically and mentally weak. Thus, this makes the younger people feel superior than the older people.

With these mental thoughts and the increasing trend of feeling "I can do things by myself" and "I do not need to be under anyone" the meaning of Show respect and Receive respect has diminished . This will lead to serious generation gaps, the feeling of having a family may not be seen in the future. There will be no words like family.

Older people are the senior most citizens of the country
Older people are the most senior citizens of the country

the truth is respect has just been a topic
the truth is that respect has just been a topic

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.