tpo26-Integrated writing

tpo26-Integrated writing

The article states that there are three reasons for distribution the Zebra mussel from Eastern Europe to North America and this invasion has caused a serious threat to the fish population. The reading provides a reason of support to each. However, the professor says that there are ways to control this invasion and refutes each of the author’s reasons.

First, the passage claims that the invasion made by human transportation, the Zebra mussel carried to the east coast of North America in the ballast water of ships traveling from Europe. The professor refutes this point by explaining that it is true the way ships have spread the Zebra mussel couldn’t be controlled in the past, that because lake of European knowledge. In addition, the way the Zebra mussel attached the ship’s bottom through the water ballast. The ships could empty the fresh water and replaced it with salty water and as a result, the Zebra mussels could be killed.

Second, the reading posits that once the Zebra mussels are carried to a new habitat, they can dominate it because they do not have predators in their new habitats. In contrast, the professor says that the Zebra mussels have no predators and reproduce rapidly in the beginning but it would not last for a long period of time. For example, when the aquatic birds face limited food sources, they will change their eating habits to the zebra mussels.

Third, the article explains that the Zebra mussels are plankton eater and most likely they cause a decline in the overall fish population. The professor counters this point by explaining that although the Zebra mussels feed on plankton and consequently those fish that rely on plankton may facing limited food resources. There are some fish at the sea bottom that benefits from the Zebra mussels by producing some nutrients to the bottom fish.

there are three reasons for distribution the Zebra mussel from Eastern Europe to North America
there are three reasons for the distribution of Zebra mussel from Eastern Europe to North America
there are three reasons for distributing the Zebra mussel from Eastern Europe to North America

the passage claims that the invasion made by human transportation
the passage claims that the invasion was made by human's transportation

may facing limited food resources
may face limited food resources
may be facing limited food resources

Write the essay in 20 minutes.

--------------------