Is the homework beneficial for studying?

Many children today have to spend a lot of hours doing homework every evening.
Many people believe that this will help to children in their future career. Some people claim that homework is not beneficial, this is only waste of time nothing else. Almost certainly there are both negative and positive aspects of doing homework.

A lot of parents think with doing homework children can develop their memories. With doing everyday homework they can consolidate information which had been received during the lessons. Psychologists say that homework helps development of children’s time management skills. I mean with regular schedule children can do their homework and take the time for their individual interests. On the other hand homework helps the teacher to know what the students have or have not learned.

Beside some beneficial sides there are also some negative aspects. Some teachers give too much homework and often they cannot coordinate the quantity of exercises. The children do not have free time to relax or play with friends. And this situation raises the stress level of the student. This can lead some problems such as lower productivity and performance.

In conclusion, it can be helpful in certain circumstances, but teachers must select quantity and content carefully. In my opinion, it is clear that doing homework is necessary to children and they must understand the value and importance of homework.