“Bayside citizens need to consider raising local taxes if they want to see improvements in the bay side school district. Test scores, graduation and college admission rates and a number of other indicators have long made it clear that bayside school distr

The issue highlighted by the author is the poor education of youth. He uses test scores and graduation and college admission rates as indicators of his proposed problem. He links the root cause of this to lack of money.

First, I want to comment on the indicators. By quoting the test scores and admission and graduation rates the author has assumed that this is because of the low quality of education provided whereas this is not necessarily the case. It is possible that students of Bayside generally have relatively lower IQs, lower motivation to study and lesser abilities. This can be due to environmental factors such as lack of parents' grooming and upbringing. Maybe parents of Bayside don't generally motivate their children to study. Lower IQs can be explained by possible geographic genetic variation that results in students to be not that smart.

However, the author's mention of miserable physical state of schools can be linked to lack of money which in turn affects the education standards. Lack of facilities obviously has an effect on education. This can be verified by observing third world countries and the fact that they don't have education standards because they don't have the facilities. It is true that education standards can be improved by spending money but that is not the whole story.

Minimum 300 words wanted