Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with

The author makes a case that in order to attract more viewers and to avoid the further loss of revenues, the time devoted to weather and local news should be restored. Although this seems like a logical conclusion from the given information but more information is required to evaluate this argument.

The first reason that author has provided for this argument is that most of the complaints received were concerned with coverage of weather and local news. This argument doesn't provide ample support since total number of complaints are not mentioned. The total number of complaints can be negligible compared to the number of subscribers, for instance if 8 out of 10 complaints are concerned with weather and local news, than it is not a significant number to hold this argument true. More information needs to be provided in order for this reason to get a proper weightage.

Canceling of advertising contracts is another reason provided but there can be many other reasons for that. May be the companies that were advertising have gone out of business or they have changed their focus completely and will no longer advertise during news breaks, whether local , weather or national. Also argument claims that the more time devoted to weather and local news with increase advertisement while it doesn't evaluate the fact that why they are unable to increase it now and why will it increase in with the change of news?

The argument also doesn't considers the possibility that viewers are not interested in news or may be some other important event is taking place and viewers are attracted towards that event for example. Olympics.

There isn't enough information to move forward with the proposal of devoting more time to weather and local news and these things should be considered in order to reach a final conclusion.

Sentence: More information needs to be provided in order for this reason to get a proper weightage.
Error: weightage Suggestion: weight

-------------------
argument 1 -- not OK. In GRE, we have to accept all data or evidence are true. It is important to find out loopholes behind surveys or studies. Loopholes mean that we accept all surveys told are true, but there are some conditions applied, for example:

It works for time A (10 years ago), but it doesn't mean it works for time B (nowadays).

It works for location A (a city, community, nation), but it doesn't mean it works for location B (another city, community, nation).

It works for people A (a manager), but it doesn't mean it works for people B (a worker).

It works for event A (one event, project... ), but it doesn't mean it works for event B (another event, project...).

argument 3 -- not OK. Need to argue against the conclusion. For this topic it is:

'Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to our news programs and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should expand the coverage of weather and local news on all our news programs.'
--------------------