Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people.Recently, however, a

Woven baskets characterized by a particular distinctive pattern have previously been found only in the immediate vicinity of the prehistoric village of Palea and therefore were believed to have been made only by the Palean people.Recently, however, archaeologists discovered such a "Palean" basket in Lithos, an ancient village across the Brim River from Palea. The Brim River is very deep and broad, and so the ancient Paleans could have crossed it only by boat, and no Palean boats have been found. Thus it follows that the so-called Palean baskets were not uniquely Palean.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

According to author, the woven baskets have been found in prehistoric village of Palea. So, some people assumed that only Palean people made these baskets. However, the belief is not logical since it does not provide that who produced these specific baskets were in earlier time. Maybe, a person who produced them was not Pelean. But, he may visit his Palean’s friends and gifted some of woven baskets.

In addition to this, gradually archaeologists reached new information about this issue. They found a basket in a Lithos which were looked like Palean basket by their perspective. But, these professionals may be wrong about this item which might be different remnants but was seemed basket. The author demonstrates exact documents to make believable.

The author states that Lithos is an ancient village where no one could not come there without any boat. It is a logical because there are a Brim River between Lithos and Palea, but the statement which is no Palean boats have in the river might not be true. Because the author mentions that The Brim River is very deep and broad, so the researchers did not find any hint about Palean’s boat. Even if they saw a boat, how would they decide whether Palean’s boat or not? The arguments gives some information about Palean’s boat particular properties to obtain precise knowledge about these historical baskets.

Briefly, who was made the wowen baskets were not clear by insufficient researchs. Because, the researchers went to two places to acquire information. The author can not provide an persuasive evidence Palean baskets are uniquely Palean or not. Because, gradually novel information comes and it is hard to say this information is true or not.

argument 1 -- not OK

argument 2 -- not OK

argument 3 -- not OK
--------------------
You are not on the right track for GRE argument essays. You may read a GRE book.

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-argument-task-essays/woven-baskets-chara…